There are people who only accept the Old Testament and do not believe in God the Son or God the Holy Spirit, below are over 120 verses from the Old Testament that proclaims God the Holy Spirit, over and over again. So they cut-off heads instead of reading their book? “And the Lord came down in a cloud (1 the Father), and spoke to him (2 the Son), taking away of the spirit (3 the Holy Spirit) that was in Moses, and giving to the seventy men. And when the spirit had rested on them they prophesied, nor did they cease afterwards.” (Numbers11:25). This is our Triune God, as written in the Old Testament, yet who denies Him?
During the dwelling among His people
and the fulfillment of Jesus, the Christ as the Messiah, Jesus taught the people of God. (his chosen ones), about the Kingdom God. He taught us about His Father, spoke and showed us the Only begotten Son and explained the Holy Spirit of God’s active roll in creation. Whom he sent to His church on it’s official beginning on Pentecost. Yet the spirit of error remained over many of the people of Israel, whose ancestors spent years wandering in the desert. The Holy Word was prophesied, of His coming and dwelling, and many even were expecting in the “His fullness of time”, when the Lord did come to the virgin.
Our God dwelling with us:
“For the young man shall dwell with the virgin, and thy children shall dwell in thee. And the bridegroom shall rejoice over the bride, and thy God shall rejoice over thee.” (Isaias (Isaiah) 62:5)
“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign. Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel.” (Isaias (Isaiah) 7:14) “He shall build a house to my name, and he shall be a son to me, and I will be a father to him: and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.” (1 Paralipomenon (1 Chronicles) 22:10) These three verses illustrate the Son of God ( second person) who was foretold to live and dwell among his people, and they were expecting Him. “ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him: and without him was made nothing that was made. (Jn1:1-3). “By the word of the Lord the heavens were established; and all the power of them by the spirit of his mouth:” (Psalms32:6) “The burden of the word of the Lord upon Israel. Thus saith the Lord, who stretch forth the heavens, and lays the foundations of the earth, and form the spirit of man in him:” (Zacharias (Zechariah) 12:1) “And I will pour out upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace, and of prayers: and they shall look upon me, whom they have pierced: and they shall mourn for him as one mourn for an only son, and they shall grieve over him, as the manner is to grieve for the death of the firstborn.” (Zacharias (Zechariah) 12:10)
Who knew He was coming, then rejected Him when he did? Is it YOU?
The One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church teaches (CCC#202) I. “I BELIEVE IN ONE GOD”
are the words with which the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed begins.
The confession of God’s oneness, which has its roots in the divine
revelation of the Old Covenant, is inseparable from the profession of
God’s existence and is equally fundamental. God is unique; there is
only one God: “The Christian faith confesses that God is one in
nature, substance and essence.”3
(CCC# 201.) To Israel, his chosen, God revealed himself as the only One: “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD; and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.”4 Through the prophets, God calls Israel and all nations to turn to him, the one and only God: “Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.. . To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. ‘Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength.'”5
(CCC# 202.) Jesus himself affirms that God is “the one Lord” whom you must love “with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength”.6 At the same time Jesus gives us to understand that he himself is “the Lord”.7 To confess that Jesus is Lord is distinctive of Christian faith. This is not contrary to belief in the One God. Nor does believing in the Holy Spirit as “Lord and giver of life” introduce any division into the One God: We firmly believe and confess without reservation that there is only one true God, eternal infinite (immensus) and unchangeable, incomprehensible, almighty and ineffable, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit; three persons indeed, but one essence, substance or nature entirely simple.8
Yet this essay is about how the people of God, were instructed, visited and wrote about the Holy Spirit of God, yet never comprehended until Jesus dwelled with us,, that the Spirit of God, as with Father was separate yet undivided. ( human language description). City list using the Douay Rheims Bible (DRB) verses the “Spirit of God , Power of the Spirit. For it is the power of the Spirit God’s messenger Gabriel describes to Mary, our TRIUNE God. The Arch-Angel Gabriel speaks: 1) Power of the Most High, 2) Son of the Most High, Son of God and 3) the Holy Ghost will come upon thee.
“And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. Who having heard, was troubled at his saying, and thought with herself what manner of salutation this should be. And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God. Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the most High; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of David his father; and he shall reign in the house of Jacob for ever. And of his kingdom there shall be no end. And Mary said to the angel: How shall this be done, because I know not man? And the angel answering, said to her: The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. (Lk1:31-35)…..“With three things my spirit is pleased, which are approved before God and men:” [Ecclesiasticus (Sirach) 25:1]
SPIRIT of God , In the Old Testament
- “And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters.” (Genesis1:2). 1
- And I have filled him with the spirit of God, with wisdom and understanding, and knowledge in all manner of work.” (Genesis41:38) 2
- “And he said to them: Can we find such another man, that is full of the spirit of God?” (Exodus31:3) 3
- “And hath filled him with the spirit of God, with wisdom and understanding and knowledge and all learning.” (Exodus35:31) 4 And lifting up his eyes, he saw Israel abiding in their tents by their tribes: and the spirit of God rushing upon him,”(Num24:2) 5″And the spirit of God came upon Azarias the son of Oded,”(2 Paralipomenon, (2 Chronicles 15:1)) 6
- “The spirit of God then came upon Zacharias the son of Joiada the priest, and he stood in the sight of the people, and said to them: Thus saith the Lord God: Why transgress you the commandment of the Lord which will not be for your good, and have forsaken the Lord, to make him forsake you?” (2 Paralipomenon, (2 Chronicles 24:20)). 7
- “As long as breath remain in me, and the spirit of God in my nostrils,” (Job27:3) 8
- The spirit of God made me, and the breath of the Almighty gave me life.” (Job33:4) 9
- “And the Lord came down in a cloud, and spoke to him, taking away of the spirit that was in Moses, and giving to the seventy men. And when the spirit had rested on them they prophesied, nor did they cease afterwards.” (Numbers11:25) 10
- “And the spirit lifted me up, and brought me into Chaldea, to them of the captivity, in vision, by the spirit of God: and the vision which I had seen was taken up from me.” (Ezek11:24) 11
- “And Daniel excelled all the princes, and governors: because a greater spirit of God was in him.” (Dan6:3). 12
- “But the spirit of the almighty God gave a great evidence of his presence, so that all that had presumed to obey him, falling down by the power of God, were struck with fainting and dread.” (2Machabees3:24). 13
- “And I will shew forth good doctrine in equity, and will seek to declare wisdom: and attend to my words in thy heart, whilst with equity of spirit I tell thee the virtues that God hath put upon his works from the beginning, and I shew forth in truth his knowledge.” (Eccl/Sirach16:25). 14
- “Wherefore I wished, and understanding was given me: and I called upon God, and the spirit of wisdom came upon me:” (Wi7:7). 15
WOW : there we have the Holy Spirit of God first chapter, second verse, this you miss?
- “And I will hide my face no more from them, for I have poured out my spirit upon all the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.” (Ezk39:29). 16
- “Perishing by the blast of God, and consumed by the spirit of his wrath.” (Job4:9) 17
- Till their colleague Daniel came in before me, whose name is Baltassar, according to the name of my god, who hath in him the spirit of the holy gods: and I told the dream before him.” (Dan4:5). 18
- “Into thy hands I commend my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord, the God of truth.”(Ps30:6) 19
- “And he said to me: Prophesy to the spirit, prophesy, O son of man, and say to the spirit: Thus saith the Lord God: Come, spirit, from the four winds, and blow upon these slain, and let them live again.” (Ezk37:9). 20
- “For the spirit of wisdom is benevolent, and will not acquit the evil speaker from his lips: for God is witness of his reins, and he is a true searcher of his heart, and a hearer of his tongue.” (Wis1:6). 21
- “And the servants of Saul said to him: Behold now an evil spirit from God trouble thee.” (1Kng,1Sam16:15). 22
- And the likeness of a hand was put forth and took me by a lock of my head: and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the vision of God into Jerusalem, near the inner gate, that looked toward the north, where was set the idol of jealousy to provoke to jealousy.” (Ezek8:3). 23
- “Then rose up the chief of the fathers of Juda and Benjamin, and the priests, and Levites, and every one whose spirit God had raised up, to go up to build the temple of the Lord, which was in Jerusalem.” (1Esdras(Ezzra1:5). 24
- “As thou know not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones are joined together in the womb of her that is with child: so thou know not the works of God, who is the maker of all.” (Eccl.11:5) 25
- “And the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zorobabel the son of Salathiel governor of Juda, and the spirit of Jesus the son of Josedec the high priest, and the spirit of all the rest of the people: and they went in, and did the work in the house of the Lord of hosts their God.” (Haggai1:14 ). 26
- “And now, O Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, the soul in anguish, and the troubled spirit crieth to thee:” (Baruch3:1) 27
- “But the spirit came upon Amasai the chief among thirty, and he said: We are thine, O David, and for thee, O son of Isai: peace, peace be to thee, and peace to thy helpers. For thy God help thee. So David received them, and made them captains of the band.” (1 Paralipomenon, (1 Chronicles 12:18)) 28
- “Would God I were not a man that hath the spirit, and that I rather spoke a lie: I will let drop to thee of wine, and of drunkenness: and it shall be this people upon whom it shall drop.” (Micheas, Micah2:11). 29
- “And thou shalt speak to all the wise of heart, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron’s vestments, in which he being consecrated may minister to me.” (Exodus28:3) 30
Seems everyone has a Spirit but the One God, whose Spirit is it do you think?
- “And Josue the son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom, because Moses had laid his hands upon him. And the children of Israel obeyed him, and did as the Lord commanded Moses.” (Deut34:9) 31
- “And the spirit of the Lord was in him, and he judged Israel. And he went out to fight, and the Lord delivered into his hands Chusan Rasathaim king of Syria, and he overthrew him.” (Judges3:10). 32
- “But the spirit of the Lord came upon Gedeon, and be sounded the trumpet and called together the house of Abiezer, to follow him.” (Judges6:34) 33
- “Therefore the spirit of the Lord came upon Jephte, and going round Galaad, and Manasses, and Maspha of Galaad, and passing over from thence to the children of Ammon,” (Judges11:29) 34
- “And the spirit of the Lord began to be with him in the camp of Dan, between Saraa and Esthaol.” (Judges13:25). 35
- “And the spirit of the Lord came upon Saul, when he had heard these words, and his anger was exceedingly kindled.” (1Kng,1Sam11:6). 40
- “Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward: and Samuel rose up, and went to Ramatha.”But the spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him.” (1Kng,1Sam16:13-14). 41
- “So Saul sent officers to take David: and when they saw a company of prophets prophesying, and Samuel presiding over them, the spirit of the Lord came also upon them, and they likewise began to prophesy.” (1Kng,1Sam19:20). 42
- “And he went to Najoth in Ramatha, and the spirit of the Lord came upon him also, and he went on, and prophesied till he came to Najoth in Ramatha.” (1Kng,1Sam19:23). 43
- And the overflowings of the sea appeared, and the foundations of the world were laid open at the rebuke of the Lord, at the blast of the spirit of his wrath.” (2Kng,2Sam22:16). 44
- “The spirit of the Lord hath spoken by me and his word by my tongue.” (2Kng,2Sam23:2). 45
Spirit of the Lord, whose Spirit? The Lord’s Spirit!!!!
- “And when I am gone from thee, the spirit of the Lord will carry thee into a place that I know not: and I shall go in and tell Achab, and he not finding thee, will kill me: but thy servant fear the Lord from his infancy.” (3Kng,1King18:12) 46
- “And the sons of the prophets at Jericho, who were over against him, seeing it said: The spirit of Elias hath rested upon Eliseus. And coming to meet him, they worshiped him, falling to the ground, And they said to him: Behold, there are with thy servants fifty strong men, that can go, and seek thy master, lest perhaps the spirit of the Lord hath taken him up and cast him upon some mountain or into some valley. And he said: Do not send.” (4Kings,2Kings2:15-16). 47
- “Now therefore behold the Lord hath put a spirit of lying in the mouth of all thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil against thee.” “And Sedecias the son of Chanaana came, and struck Micheas on the cheek and said: Which way went the spirit of the Lord from me, to speak to thee?” (2 Paralipomenon, (2 Chronicles 18:22-23)) 48
- “And Jahaziel the son of Zacharias, the son of Banaias, the son of Jehiel, the son of Mathanias, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, was there, upon whom the spirit of the Lord came in the midst of the multitude,” (2 Paralipomenon, (2 Chronicles 20:14)) 49
- “Then the fountains of waters appeared, and the foundations of the world were discovered: At thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the spirit of thy wrath.” (Psalms17:16). 50
- “The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord, which searches all the hidden things of the bowels.” (Proverbs20:27). 51
- “If the spirit of him that hath power, ascend upon thee, leave not thy place: because care will make the greatest sins to cease.” (Eccl10:4). 52
- “And the dust return into its earth, from whence it was, and the spirit return to God, who gave it.” (Eccl12:7). 53
- “For the Holy Spirit of discipline will flee from the deceitful, and will withdraw himself from thoughts that are without understanding, and he shall not abide when iniquity come in.” (Wis1:5). 54
- “For the spirit of the Lord hath filled the whole world: and that, which contain all things, hath knowledge of the voice.” (Wis1:7). 55
- “For in her is the spirit of understanding: holy, one, manifold, subtle, eloquent, active, undefiled, sure, sweet, loving that which is good, quick, which nothing hinders, beneficent,” (Wis7:22). 56
- And in the midst of the church she shall open his mouth, and shall fill him with the spirit of wisdom and understanding, and shall clothe him with a robe of glory.” (Eccl, Sirach15:5). 57
- “For if it shall please the great Lord, he will fill him with the spirit of understanding:” ( Eccl, Sirach39:8). 58
- “If the Lord shall wash away the filth of the daughters of Sion, and shall wash away the blood of Jerusalem out of the midst thereof, by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.” (Isaias,Isaiah4:4). 59
- “And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him: the spirit of wisdom, and of understanding, the spirit of counsel, and of fortitude, the spirit of knowledge, and of godliness.“”And he shall be filled with the spirit of the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge according to the sight of the eyes, nor reprove according to the hearing of the ears.” (Isaias,Isaiah11:2-3). 60
Spirit of Wisdom – St Paul says, “But all these things one and the same Spirit work, dividing to every one according as he will.” 1Cor12:11) or again, “But he who is joined to the Lord, is one spirit.” (1Cor6:17)
- “The grass is withered, and the flower is fallen, because the spirit of the Lord hath blown upon it. Indeed the people is grass:” (Isaias,Isaiah40:7). 61
- “Who hath forwarded the spirit of the Lord? or who hath been his counselor, and hath taught him? (Isaias,Isaiah40:13). 62
- “And they from the west, shall fear the name of the Lord: and they from the rising of the sun, his glory: when he shall come as a violent stream, which the spirit of the Lord driveth on:” (Isaias,Isaiah59:19). 64
- “The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because the Lord hath anointed me: he hath sent me to preach to the meek, to heal the contrite of heart, and to preach a release to the captives, and deliverance to them that are shut up.” (Isaias,Isaiah61:1). 65
- “But they provoked to wrath, and afflicted the spirit of his Holy One: and he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.” (Isaias,Isaiah63:11). 66
- “As a beast that goes down in the field, the spirit of the Lord was their leader: so didst thou lead thy people to make thyself a glorious name.” (Isaias,Isaiah63:14). 67
- Whither soever the spirit went, thither as the spirit went the wheels also were lifted up withal, and followed it: for the spirit of life was in the wheels.””When those went these went, and when those stood these stood, and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels also were lifted up together, and followed them: for the spirit of life was in the wheels.” (Ezek1:20-21). 68-9 “When they stood, these stood: and when they were lifted up, these were lifted up: for the spirit of life was in them.” (Ezek11:15).
- “The hand of the Lord was upon me, and brought me forth in the spirit of the Lord: and set me down in the midst of a plain that was full of bones.” (Ezek37:1). 71
- Baltassar, prince of the diviners, because I know that thou hast in thee the spirit of the holy gods, and that no secret is impossible to thee: tell me the visions of my dreams that I have seen, and the interpretation of them.” (Dan4:6). 72
- “I king Nabuchodonosor saw this dream: thou, therefore, O Baltassar, tell me quickly the interpretation: for all the wise men of my kingdom are not able to declare the meaning of it to me: but thou art able, because the spirit of the holy gods is in thee.” (Dan4:15). 73
- “There is a man in thy kingdom that hath the spirit of the holy gods in him: and in the days of thy father knowledge and wisdom were found in him: for king Nabuchodonosor thy father appointed him prince of the wise men, enchanters, Chaldeans, and soothsayers, thy father, I say, O king:” (Dan5:11). 74
- “I have heard of thee, that thou hast the spirit of the gods, and excellent knowledge, and understanding, and wisdom are found in thee.” (Dan5:14). 75
Even Nabuchodonosor or Baltassar had an imperfect understanding of the Holy Spirit, that some people chop heads off so they can deny???? Spirit of the Lord, of the Holy One….there they are right before you!
- “And when she was led to be put to death, the Lord raised up the holy spirit of a young boy, whose name was Daniel.” (Dan13:45). 76
- “The house of Jacob saith: Is the spirit of the Lord straitened, or are these his thoughts? Are not my words good to him that walks uprightly?”(Micheas,Micah2:7) . 77
- “But yet I am filled with the strength of the spirit of the Lord, with judgment, and power: to declare unto Jacob his wickedness, and to Israel his sin.” (Micheas,Micah3:8) 78
- “Teach me to do thy will, for thou art my God. Thy good spirit shall lead me into the right land:” (Psalms142:10). 79
- “He created in them the science of the spirit, he filled their heart with wisdom, and shewed them both good and evil.” (Eccl, Sirach17:6). 80
- “The spirit also lifted me, and took me up: and I went away in bitterness in the indignation of my spirit: for the hand of the Lord was with me, strengthening me. (Ezek3:14) 82
- And the angel of the Lord took him by the top of his head, and carried him by the hair of his head, and set him in Babylon over the den in the force of his spirit.” (Dan14:35). 83
- And I will put my spirit in the midst of you: and I will cause you to walk in my commandments, and to keep my judgments, and do them. (Ezek36:27). 84
- And he answered, and spoke to me, saying: This is the word of the Lord to Zorobabel, saying: Not with an army, nor by might, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.” (Zach4:6). 85
- “He that sets bounds to his words. is knowing and wise: and the man of understanding is of a precious spirit.” (Proverbs17:27).
- “And standing upon a steep rock, when he was now almost without blood, grasping his bowels with both hands, he cast them upon the throng, calling upon the Lord of life and spirit, to restore these to him again: and so he departed this life.” (2Macabess14:46). 87
- “Come ye near unto me, and hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning: from the time before it was done, I was there, and now the Lord God hath sent me, and his spirit.” (Isaiah48:16). 88
- “Thus saith the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will send spirit into you, and you shall live.” (Ezek37:5). 89
- “Because a greater spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, and interpretation of dreams, and showing of secrets, and resolving of difficult things, were found in him, that is, in Daniel: whom the king named Baltassar. Now therefore let Daniel be called for, and he will tell the interpretation.” (Dan5:12). 90
“I will put MY SPIRIT in your midst”, over and over, you could not understand?
- And the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me the voice of a great commotion, saying: Blessed be the glory of the Lord, from his place.” (Ezek3:12). 91
- “And the spirit lifted me up, and brought me into the east gate of the house of the Lord, which look towards the rising of the sun: and behold in the entry of the gate five and twenty men: and I saw in the midst of them Jezonias the son of Azur, and Pheltias the son of Banaias, princes of the people.” (Ezek11:1). 92
- “And I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh.” (Ezek36:26). 93
- “Thou shalt send forth thy spirit, and they shall be created: and thou shalt renew the face of the earth.”(Psalm103:30). 94
- “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy face?” (Psalm138:7). 95
- “And I will give them one heart, and will put a new spirit in their bowels: and I will take away the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh:”(Ezek11:19). 96
- “And the Lord said to him: Take Josue the son of Nun, a man in whom is the Spirit, and put thy hand upon him.” (Numbers27:18).
- “Cast me not away from thy face; and take not thy holy spirit from me.” “Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation, and strengthen me with a perfect spirit.” (Psalm50:13-14). 98
- “And shall have put my spirit in you, and you shall live, and I shall make you rest upon your own land: and you shall know that I the Lord have spoken, and done it, saith the Lord God:” (Ezek37:14). 99
- “This is my covenant with them, saith the Lord: My spirit that is in thee, and my words that I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.”(Isaiais, Isaiah59:21) 100
- “And the spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court: and behold the house was filled with the glory of the Lord.” (Ezek43:5). 101
- “Now there remained in the camp two of the men, of whom one was called Eldad, and the other Medad, upon whom the spirit rested; for they also had been enrolled, but were not gone forth to the tabernacle.” (Numbers11:26). 102
- “But he said: Why hast thou emulation for me? O that all the people might prophesy, and that the Lord would give them his spirit!”(Numbers11:29). 103
- “Woe to you, apostate children, saith the Lord, that you would take counsel, and not of me: and would begin a web, and not by my spirit, that you might add sin upon sin:” (Isaiais, Isaiah30:1) 104
- “And thou gave them thy good Spirit to teach them, and thy manna thou didst not withhold from their mouth, and thou gave them water for their thirst.” (2Esdras, Nehemiah9:20) 105
The prophets write, the Spirit….., they did not say God almighty, why? to express significant action, belonging to the Holy Spirit.
- “Let all thy creatures serve thee: because thou hast spoken, and they were made: thou didst send forth thy spirit, and they were created, and there is no one that can resist thy voice.”(Judith16:17). 106
- “Turn ye at my reproof: behold I will utter my spirit to you, and will show you my words.“ (Proverbs1:23). 107
- “And who shall know thy thought, except thou give wisdom, and send thy Holy Spirit from above:” (Wis9:17) 108
- “O how good and sweet is thy spirit, O Lord, in all things!” (Wis12:1). 109
- “For as much as he knew not his maker and him that inspired into him the soul that work, and that breathed into him a living spirit.” (Wis15:11). 110
- “A man indeed kills through malice, and when the spirit is gone forth, it shall not return, neither shall he call back the soul that is received:” (Wis16:14). 111
- “For my spirit is sweet above honey, and my inheritance above honey and the honeycomb.” ( Eccl, Sirach24:27). 112
- “Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high: and the desert shall be as a carmel, and carmel shall be counted for a forest.” ((Isaiais, Isaiah32:15) 114
- “Behold my servant, I will uphold him: my elect, my soul delight in him: I have given my spirit upon him, he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.” (Isaiais, Isaiah42:1) 115
- “For I will pour out waters upon the thirsty ground, and streams upon the dry land: I will pour out my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thy stock.” (Isaiais, Isaiah44:3). 116
- “For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be angry unto the end: because the spirit shall go forth from my face, and breathings I will make.” (Isaiais, Isaiah57:16). 117
- “Every man is become a fool for knowledge, every artist is confounded in his graven idol: for what he hath cast is false, and there is no spirit in them.” (Jeremius, Jeremiah10:14) 118
- And the spirit entered into me after that he spoke to me, and he set me upon my feet: and I heard him speaking to me,“(Ezek2:2). 119
- “And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to grow over you, and will cover you with skin: and I will give you spirit and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the Lord.” (Ezek37:6). 120
- And I prophesied as he had commanded me: and the spirit came into them, and they lived: and they stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.” (Ezek37:10) 121
- “And it shall come to pass after this, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy: your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions.””Moreover upon my servants and handmaids in those days I will pour forth my spirit.” (Joel2:28-29) 122
- “And the spirit entered into me, and set me upon my feet: and he spoke to me, and said to me: Go in; and shut thyself up in the midst of thy house.” (Ezek3:24). 123
I do believe, Lord: help my unbelief.” (Mk9:23) “I will pour out my spirit”…..how many times, does HE confess this to you?
Is this then what happens to Israel and to ALL, that reject their Redeemer? And over all a Spirit of Error – the Jew, the Atheist, Agnostics and Pantheist and many other NON-Catholics…?
“The Lord hath mingled in the midst thereof the spirit of giddiness: and they have caused Egypt to err in all its works, as a drunken man staggers and vomits. (Isaiah28:6) “For the Lord hath mingled for you the spirit of a deep sleep, he will shut up your eyes, he will cover your prophets and princes, that see visions.” (Isaiah29:10). “That they may not become like their fathers, a perverse and exasperating generation. A generation that set not their heart aright: and whose spirit was not faithful to God.” (Ps77:8). Even to this day, people hold that they believe in the scriptures, but do not recognize the Holy Spirit, third person of the Holy Trinity. Israel and Islam Quran quote the Old Testament., but the spirit of Err is given these, for they cannot see, nor do they hear, how blessed you are that you have not seen but see, and did not hear, but hear Him now.